Ceramic printed circuit boards are made from ceramic materials such as alumina (AI203) or aluminum nitride (AIN). These PCBs have several advantages over PCBs fabricated from more traditional substrates such as epoxy or fiberglass making them more suitable for applications that require high performance, durability, and reliability.
- High Thermal Conductivity: Excellent thermal conductivity allows more efficient heat dissipation in products such as LED lighting and automotive electronics.
- High Temperature Capability: They can withstand much higher heat environments. They have a much lower CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion). Reducing the risk of component failure during thermal cycling.
- Mechanical Strength and Capability: Ceramic materials have high mechanical strength and rigidity making the PCBs more resistant to physical stress, bending, and warping. Making them much more suitable for electronics in harsh environments subject to vibrations and shocks.
- Design Flexibility: Because of their excellent dimensional stability ceramic PCBs are better suited than traditional PCBs for designs with fine traces and high-density interconnects. They provide an excellent platform for miniature and nano electronics.
- Long-Term Reliability: These PCBs are less prone to degradation, and aging over time. They are more durable than conventional PCBs.
- Power Electronics: Power modules, motor drives and LED lighting applications.
RF/Microwave Communication: Due to their high frequency performance they are suitable for wireless communications devices, radar systems, satellite communications.
Defense and Aerospace: (Optional since we do not build mil spec PCBs) Avionics, missile guidance systems, and radar systems. Their ruggedness, reliability, and resistance to high temperatures make them well-suited for defense and aerospace applications.
Automotive Electronics: Engine control modules, power management and high temperature operations.
High Power Applications: Solar inverters, Electric vehicle charging stations and industrial motor controls.